Serving the Greater Cincinnati - Tri State Area & 513 Area Code
All your Garage Door Needs
GARAGE DOOR THRESHOLD INSTALLATION
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS –
Please read ALL directions before starting installation.
Install only on clean, dry concrete at temperatures above 40ºF (5ºC)
Remove existing weatherstripping from door bottom
Not recommended for installation on asphalt, painted or treated surfaces, broken concrete or gravel
Tape measure, utility knife and pencil
1. With garage door open, center threshold between the garage door track (the channel the door rollers
ride in). Trim to length with utility knife. (The “hump” side should on the inside side of the door.)
2. Lower the garage door on top of the threshold’s 2-inch level strip. Push the 45º hump against the
back of the bottom of the garage door. Note: Notch threshold around door jambs, if necessary, to ensure
the 45º hump is against the back of the bottom of the garage door.
3. With the pencil, mark the inside edge of the threshold on the floor the full length of the threshold
(from one door jamb to the other).
4. Carefully raise the door (without moving the threshold) and mark the outside edge of the threshold
the length of the door.
5. Remove the threshold and apply three rows of adhesive the full length of the door between the pencil
6. Replace the threshold between the pencil lines and firmly press into place. Carefully apply pressure
to the threshold to ensure the adhesive spreads uniformly.
7. Inspect the threshold to make sure it is still between the pencil lines. The position can slightly adjusted
for a short period of time. The length of time varies depending on ambient conditions.
8. Close the garage door to keep constant pressure on the threshold for twenty four (24) hours.
ALLOW AT LEAST 24 HOURS FOR ADHESIVE TO DRY
BEFORE DRIVING OVER.